Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I'll Be Seeing You


So, last night I watched I'll Be Seeing You starring Ginger Rogers and Joseph Cotten. It was a very cute romantic comedy, with a little twist. I won't give it away, cause I had no idea it was anything more than a romantic comedy when I netflick'd it and I liked being surprised. The movie also stars Shirley Temple, during her teenage acting years. It seems like hollywood likes to pretend that she stopped acting after the age of 6, but she did some great films after her child acting years, like The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer....and I guess that's the only other movie I've ever seen teenage Shirley Temple in, but she does a good job... Anyway, I digress back to 'I'll Be Seeing You.'

I really enjoyed Joseph Cotten in the romantic lead role, you don't see him like that very often and I have always enjoyed him as an actor, especially in Shadow of a Doubt and The Third Man. But I'd never quite seen him like this, oh except maybe in Gaslight (a movie I LOVED!! by the by). And it's always a nice departure for Ginger Rogers when she doesn't do dancing or comedy roles, like in Kitty Foyle and Bachelor Mother (yeah there was some dancing in that one, but still) It's so impressive that she can do it all, singing, dancing, comedy, and drama. Go Ginger!

Alright, well I feel like that was a great many links and I don't really know if I should give away plot points when talking about these movies, I'll see if my mind changes about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment